Machine Learning for Biologists - summer school
Da Lunedì, 04 Settembre 2017 ore 09:00 a Sabato, 09 Settembre 2017 ore 18:00
Campus Fondazione Edmund Mach, Palazzo della Ricerca e della Conoscenza, Via E. Mach 1, San Michele all’Adige (TN)
The aim of the course is to provide a practical introduction to the analysis of “omics” data. Topics will range from data visualization/exploration to univariate/multivariate analysis and machine learning. Practical exemples and applications will be illustrated by using R and Python.
- Data exploration and visualization
- Univariate/Multivariate analysis
- Introduction to machine learning: classifiers, performance measures, diagnostics
- Machine learning tools for the analysis of Gene Expression data
- The Data Analysis Plan (DAP) - intro to unbiased pipelines for (binary) classification
- Performance measures and diagnostic plots - Accuracy, MCC, Stability: theory and graphics
- Differential network analysis – co-expression networks, graph comparison, community detection: theory and examples in R/Python, visualization by the igraph library and use of the ReNette web interface
- Basic application of ML to gene prediction
A maximum of 24 students will be accepted. Computational biologists, bioinformaticians, biological data analysts.
visit the dedicated website