EIT Climate-KIC - reduce food print
FUNDING: EIT Climate-KIC
FEM COORDINATOR: Lisa Rizzetto
DESCRIPTION: EAT Circular started in November 2019 and has the goal of training public and private officers on strategies to reduce our “food print”, that is, the amount of food we waste.
The active engagement of public and private officers, in fact, is essential to prevent food losses and waste. EAT Circular implements a twelve-months education action to help to orientate POs among rules, tools, opportunities and barriers about food loss and waste management and prevention at the food service level, raising awareness and capacity to elaborate effective and country-specific policy recommendations, such as, for instance, climate-aware procurement rules.
Topics covered by the training session include policy, best practices, processes, business model and technologies to measure food waste/surplus, “divert” it, and avoid disposal.
Follow-up and exploitation is guaranteed by designing and consolidating a replicable and sustainable “format”to be shared with the KIC (i.e., detailed guidelines for replicating the educational formats, possibly also in other domains).
- EIT - Climate KIC Project sponsor
- FBK - Fondazione Bruno Kessler Project leader, provides support in the definition of the training material and in the development of the training.
- BGI BGI will contribute to the production of the educational material and it will run a training pilot in Portugal.
- FEM will contribute to all Wps with its expertise about food products and their nutritional role, valorisation processes of organic waste in other sectors (within a circular vision) and connection with its on-going activities.
- HIT - Hub Innovazione Trentino contributes to defining training and behavioural change format and tools.
- NIC - National Institute of Chemistry collaborates in the collection of best practices and in the construction of the education plan.
- UNITN - University of Trento collaborates in the definition of education needs of participants, in the evaluation of the training format and in the preparation of policy recommendations.
- UPV - Universitat Politècnica de València collaborates in the collection of best practices and in the construction of the education plan and acts as a pilot in the training activities.
MORE INFO: dedicated website