The range and variety of tasks assigned to the Edmund Mach Foundation require a segmented internal structure. The governing bodies and the bodies entrusted with management activities are set out in the law establishing the Istituto, the provincial law no. 28 of 5 November 1990, and in the Regulations for organisation and personnel.
The governing bodies of the institute are:
- The President, the legal representative of the Foundation, who summons and presides over the Board of Directors and draws up the order of the day. The President guarantees the regular operation of the Istituto and acts on behalf of the Board of Directors in the event of an emergency, limited only to acts not subject to approval by the Provincial Council and referring to the Board of Directors for ratification at the next meeting.
- The Vice-President, who carries out the duties of the president in case of absence or impediment, as well as any functions or tasks delegated to him by the latter.
- The Board of Directors. Deliberates on matters submitted to it under article 7 of provincial law no. 28/1990 and article 14 of the Regulations for organisation and personnel.
- The Executive Committee. Draws up the acts for submission to the Board of Directors for approval and undertakes any acts of ordinary administration at the institution delegated to it by the Board of Directors.
- The Scientific Committee. A body providing consultancy and scientific support to the Board of Directors concerning activities carried out at the Istituto.
- The Board of Auditors. Carries out any checks believed to be necessary concerning the management of the Istituto and, in particular, is required to examine the balance sheets and accounts, reporting to the Board of Directors.
Management of the Istituto is shared among the following organisational structures:
- General Management for programme coordination and general organisation of the Foundation's resources.
- The Training and education centre which organises teaching, training and specialization as well as refresher courses and career retraining; the Centre also runs the agrarian technical college.
- The Research and innovation centre which carries out studies and innovations in the fields of agriculture, nutrition, and environment, with the aim to generate new sharing knowledge and to contribute to economic growth, social development and the overall improvement of quality of life.
- The Technology transfer centre which provides support and consultancy to companies in the agricultural sector.
- The Farm responsible of production and transformation and support for experiments, teaching activities
Centro Trasferimento Tecnologico