During her PhD she studied MADS-box transcription factors involved in the development of the ovule in the model plant Arabidopsis thaliana. During her post-doctoral activities she initially focused on the molecular mechanisms regulating gynoecium and fruit development in Arabidopsis. Later she worked on the functional characterization of nuclear genes involved in photosynthesis, with roles ranging from the biogenesis of chloroplasts to photoprotection, to the cross-talk between the chloroplast and the nucleus. She is currently involved in a project aimed at the development of a novel strategy to protect grapevine from downy mildew fungal infection.
- July 2016 - Present: Fixed-term Researcher at FEM.
- Mar 2013 - Feb 2016: Post-Doctoral Fellowship at FEM-IASMA.
- Dec 2010 - Feb 2013: Post-Doctoral Fellowship at IBMCP, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia - Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, Valencia, Spain.
- Jan 2008 - Nov 2010: Post-Doctoral Fellowship at Department of Biology, University of Milan.
- Oct 2003 - Jan 2008: PhD. in Plant Biology, University of Milan.
- Nov 2001 - Sep 2003: Fellowship at Department of Plant Production, University of Milan.
- Oct 2001: Degree in Plant Biotechnology, University of Milan.