Michele Dalponte research activity is in the field of remote sensing applied to forestry and ecology. He has been working mainly on developing new processing methodologies for the analysis of hyperspectral, multispectral and LIDAR data for tree species classification and mapping, and forest biomass estimation.
- remote sensing
- hyperspectral and LiDAR data fusion
- species, biomass and carbon mapping
- forestry and ecology
- 2006: M.Sc. degree in Telecommunications Engineering at the University of Trento (Italy).
- 2010: PhD in Information and Communication Technologies at the University of Trento (Italia).
- 2010: Post-Doc at Fondazione Edmund Mach (Italia).
- 2011-2014: Marie Curie Outgoing Post-doc at Fondazione E. Mach and at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (Norway).
- 2015: Research Assistant at the University of Cambridge (UK).