CRI-FEM is interested in hosting European Research Council (ERC) grants
The Research and Innovation Centre (CRI) offer career development to prominent young and mature researchers by supporting innovative research projects.
Fellowships are awarded to the researcher to attend a host institution abroad.
The European Research Council (ERC) provides funding for ambitious and outstanding research to be conducted in Europe. Successful applicants receive up to 1.5 million euros in funding for their research project, and if applicable for their team.
ERC grants follow a bottom-up approach, i.e. research fields are chosen freely by the applicants. Frontier research and pioneer projects that address to new and emerging applications and environments, that introduce unconventional and innovative approaches in various disciplines, are welcome.
ERC offers independence, recognition & visibility:
- to work on a research topic of own choice, with a team of own choice
- to gain true financial autonomy for 5 years
- to negotiate with the host institution the best conditions of work
- to attract top team members (EU and non-EU) and collaborators
- to move with the grant to any place in Europe if necessary (portability of grants)
- to attract additional funding and gain recognition; ERC is a quality label.
To be successful, the application must be prepared by an experienced researcher with an excellent cv, an exceptional idea, and in collaboration with a prospective host institution.
CRI-FEM provides support to individual experienced researchers who meet the requirements of the ERC programme. And in some fields, like Agri-Food, Biodiversity and Sustainability, represent at Italian level a centre of Excellence, with the best framework conditions.
ERC funding schemes are open to top researchers of any nationality or age who wish to carry out their frontier research in the 28 EU Member States or associated countries. There are 3 core funding schemes and one additional scheme for ERC grant holders:
- ERC Starting Grants - calls now open - deadline October 18, 2016 - researchers of any nationality with 2-7 years of experience since completion of PhD (extensions are possible– see the latest ERC Work Programme for details), a scientific track record showing great promise and an excellent research proposal;
- ERC Consolidator Grants - researchers of any nationality with 7-12 years of experience since completion of PhD (extensions are possible – see the latest ERC Work Programme for details), a scientific track record showing scientific talent and an excellent research proposal;
- ERC Advanced Grants - any nationality, any age. Applicants must be leaders in their respective field(s) of research and must demonstrate significant achievement in the last 10 years;
- ERC Proof of Concept - designed to support ERC grantees with the commercial or societal application of the results of their funded research.
Schemes deadline in the image below .
More information about ERC can be found in the following website .
For more information on how to apply please contact:
Tel.: +39 0461 615 198