PhD opportunities cofunded by Fondazione Mach in collaboration with major italian and international Universities - 2020
FEM co-funds PhD scholarships related to all research areas of the Research and Innovation Centre, the first One Health Centre in Italy, and to fundamental as well as industrial research projects in collaboration with major italian and international Universities and companies.
FEM offers to students the opportunity to develop their skills, academic independence and autonomy in an International environment, encouraging the mobility of PhD students between industry and academia.
Thursday 04 June 2020
1. CALL FOR 9 PhD POSITIONS AT CENTER OF AGRICULTURE FOOD ENVIRONMENT (C3A) OF THE UNIVERSITY OF TRENTO 36th CYCLE
The Center of Agriculture Food and Environment (C3A) of the University of Trento and the Research and Innovation Center of FEM are jointly offering 9 PhD positions in the field of Agrifood and Environmental Sciences, supported by scholarship. The PhD topics are the following:
- Enhancement of plant tolerance to cold stress by psychrotolerant bacteria and characterization of the involved mechanisms
- Research and Development of new biological alternatives based on Plant Extracts, Microbials and soft chemistry for the control of the Grapevine pathogen Downy Mildew (Plasmopara viticola) as a base for the development of new IPM strategies in the crop
- Dissecting the genetic and physiological mechanisms of grapevine resilience to heat stress
- Genetic mapping of fruit quality traits in pear
- New strategies for botrytis bunch rot control for a sustainable viticulture
- Management of varietal thiols in wines using biotechnical tools
- Agro Pedological Determinants of fine chemical composition, quality and shelf life of Trentino's white wines
- Traceability and authenticity of food using 1H-NMR profiling
- Movement behavior impacts and population consequences of an intensive white-tailed deer sterilization program in New York City
Detailed information about the topics of reserved scholarship, application procedure may be checked at the following link:
Candidates who intend to participate in the competition must apply by August 20th 2020, hrs. 04.00 PM (Italian time, GMT +2).
- * -
2. CALL FOR A PhD POSITION AT CAMPUS BIO-MEDICO UNIVERSITY OF ROME 36th CYCLE
The Campus Bio-Medico University of Rome, the CNR and the Research and Innovation Center of FEM are jointly offering the PhD position supported by scholarship "Sustainable Isoprene production from tobacco cell lines (SUNSPOT)".
Detailed information about the application procedure may be checked at the following link:
Candidates who intend to participate in the competition must apply by September 8th, 2020 - 12.00 am.