N. 1 (one) temporary position for 36 months within the project AROMAGENESIS n° 764364 – Generation of new yeast strains for improvement flavours...
The Fondazione Edmund Mach is looking for:
N. 1 (one) temporary position for 36 months within the project AROMAGENESIS n° 764364 – Generation of new yeast strains for improvement flavours and aromas in beer and wine, a Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network Action (MSCA-ITN) (242_CRI_AGS) - deadline March 4, 2018 (deadline extended).
Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network (MSCA-ITN) AROMAGENESIS grant information:
- Grant Agreement: n. 764364;
- Coordinator: Ursula Bond;
- Funding: EU under project number H2020-MSCA-ITN-2017;
- Timeframe: 01/12/2017 - 30/11/2021;
- University/Department: Trinity College Dublin;
- Network Partners: Trinity College Dublin (Coordinator), Ireland; The University of Manchester, UK, Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB), Belgium; AGENCIA ESTATAL CONSEJO SUPERIOR DEINVESTIGACIONES CIENTIFICAS (CSIC), Spain; Fondazione Edmund Mach (FEM), Italy, INSTITUT NATIONAL DE LA RECHERCHE AGRONOMIQUE (INRA), France, Universidad de Zaragoza (UdZ), Spain; LALLEMAND SAS (LLS): Singer Instrument Company Ltd (Singer) UK; Novozymes Denmark.
The ESR will develop GC/MS/MS analytical method for quantifying flavour compounds in order to give a comprehensive assessment of flavour profiles of fermented beverages. The ESR will apply targeted metabolomics approaches to different sample sets provided by the network partners to identify all-important classes of flavour compounds. For untargeted analysis, a GCxGC TOF analytical method will be developed. The untargeted data set will give an overall view of the different flavour compounds produced by platform strains and variants produced during the network research. The student will also work on the structural elucidation of unknown biomarkers with the aim to discover new “unknown” biomarkers influenced by different yeast strains.
The selected candidates will be employed 36 months at Fondazione Edmund Mach (FEM) as junior researcher (R4 CCPL) in the field of metabolomics, fermentations, volatile compound analysis.
Thursday 18 January 2018
Requirements necessary for participation:
- Master degree in the field of Chemistry, Food Technology, Pharmacy or similar entitling to embark on a doctorate of an Italian University;
- To be at the time of recruitment in the first four years of research career (full-time equivalent research experience*) calculated from the date on which the Master degree was obtained;
- Knowledge of written and spoken English (minimum level B2), evaluated during the interview.
* ‘Full-time equivalent research experience’ is measured from the date when the researcher obtained the degree entitling him/her to embark on a doctorate (either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited or seconded) – even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged.
Exclusion from the recruitment process:
- Candidates that have been already awarded a Doctoral Degree ;
- Candidates that have resided or carried out his/her main activity in the country of the host institute for more than 12 months in the last three years immediately prior to the reference recruitment date;
- Candidates that have been temporary staff, project workers and staff employed or worked on a freelance basis for the FEM in an equivalent role.
Please read the job announcement to understand if you are eligible for the position and to get information about how to apply (document available also at the bottom of the page).
Applications must be submitted by and no later than 23:59 (CET, the date and time of receipt shown in the electronic mail account of the Foundation shall be valid) on March 4, 2018 (deadline extended). The recruitment procedure will terminate at the latest by September 4, 2018.
Applications to participate in the selection must be sent in electronic format via e-mail address (NO PEC) to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the recruitment code in the object of the email (242_CRI_AGS R4 temporary aromagenesis). In cases of access issues due to disability, please contact +39 0461 615542.
To apply, please email the following documents to FEM (email@example.com):
- Application form (AF), available in Opensource .odt or Microsoft Word .doc , completed, signed and saved as Surname Name_AF.pdf. Document available also at the bottom of the page;
- Curriculum vitae (CV), including contact details, education, work experience, technical and scientific publications, prizes/awards, language skills. The CV must be saved with file extension: Surname Name_CV.doc, or .pdf;
- PDF copy of the Master thesis. The thesis must be saved with file extension: Surname Name_MASTER.pdf;
- Official academic record of undertaken courses & grades Master degree (Diploma supplement or any document that states that the Master degree is recognised by the current Italian legislation);
- A motivational letter in which the applicant describes his or her motivation to pursue postgraduate studies and to conduct the research project applied for. The applicant is asked to mention the ESR position s/he apply for on the motivational letter;
- Contact details (email and telephone number) of three referees willing to write confidential letters of recommendation.